nedeľa, augusta 16

Spoznaj knihu cez citáty

Túto "rubriku" som nerobila už dlho a tak to tak aj vyzerá. prezreme si teda pestrú a dlhú škálu. Sú to citáty z môjho kindle - má celý jeden súbor na všetky moje počiarknuté veci a hodí sa prsne na tento článok. Enjoy.




In the Middle of Somewhere (Roan Parrish)
- Your Highlight on Location 4668-4672 | Added on Monday, July 27, 2015 10:28:27 PM

But Rex makes cooking and eating feel like part of my life—our lives. He expresses something of himself through cooking. Not just his personality, but his care. It’s like he cares about what I eat—if it’s healthy, if I like it. And so everything to do with it feels important. Even grocery shopping. Because I can feel him looking at the food the way you’d look at a shelter dog or something: as a thing that might come home with you, if it’s the right fit. Something that will be incorporated into our lives. Life. Our life.
==========
I don’t understand the way I feel. It’s no different than yesterday, but everything’s changed. I don’t know what kind of tether love is between us. The man lying next to me… all of his… stuff. Not belongings, but thoughts, feelings, history. I don’t know what I’m supposed to do with it. Am I responsible for it and he for mine? Does love imply a promise of some kind? These are things I feel like I should know, but I just… don’t.
==========
“I love you,” he says, and somehow it doesn’t sound like a grenade of found language the way it always does when I hear other people lob it at each other casually. Loveyou, as they hang up the phone; Loveyou, when they’re running out the door. Loveyou, as they race to class, already texting someone else. No, it sounds like something Rex has made up just now to try and tell me something real.
==========
“It’s called Nifty Things, and the big sign is fine, but then in the window there are two signs and one says Nifty Thing apostrophe s and the other says Nifty Things apostrophe. Anyway, I guess my student told her mom and her mom got the signs fixed. Then, one day when I was walking past the shop, she just popped out of the front door like she’d seen me coming and gave me those preserves.” “Creepy.” “So creepy. Dude, seriously, half the shit that happens in Holiday would seem like something out of a horror movie if there was scary music playing in the background. Or a David Lynch movie.”
==========
“Oh? And what culinary masterpieces have you achieved?” “Uh. None. I made eggs that actually tasted like what I would imagine it feels like to die. Though I did somehow manage to infuse normal toast with such a strong scent of fire that I think it might be considered molecular gastronomy.”





Beauty Queens (Bray, Libba)
- Your Highlight on Location 4793-4793 | Added on Wednesday, August 12, 2015 10:46:32 PM

“Every problem is a solution in disguise,” Shanti said, echoing one of the Miss Teen Dream manual’s affirmations.






Hra o truny 1 (George.R.R.Martin)- Your Highlight on Location 246-247 | Added on Friday, July 17, 2015 6:35:29 PM

Náš obyčej je ale starší. Žilami Starků stále proudí krev Prvních lidí a držíme se víry, že člověk, který vynese rozsudek smrti, by sám měl tít mečem. Když vezmeš jinému člověku život, jsi povinován pohlédnout mu do očí a vyslechnout si jeho poslední slova. A pokud nejsi schopen udělat to, pak si ten člověk možná ani nezasluhuje zemřít.
==========
"Obyčejný lid se modlí za déšť, zdravé děti a za to, aby léto nikdy neskončilo," řekl jí ser Jorah. "Jim nezáleží na tom, zda si urození pánové hrají svoji hru o trůny, pokud jsou oni ponecháni na pokoji." Pokrčil rameny. "Nikdy jim na tom nezáleželo."
==========
Zima se blíží.




Xenocide (Orson Scott Card)
- Your Highlight on Location 5421-5424 | Added on Wednesday, August 5, 2015 11:12:21 PM

"Now you're bragging," said Jane. "Showing off your bodily functions." "Alimentation," said Ender. "Respiration. Excretion. We can do things you can't do." "In other words, you can't think very well, but at least you can eat and breathe and sweat."




Storm Born (DS1) (Mead, Richelle)
- Your Highlight on Location 411-413 | Added on Tuesday, July 14, 2015 7:16:25 PM

I made a face. Dean was my last boyfriend; we’d broken up six months ago. The split had been kind of unexpected for both of us. I hadn’t expected to find him screwing his real estate agent, and he hadn’t expected to get caught.




Garth Nix - Stare kralovstvi 1 - Sabriel (Sabriel)
- Your Highlight on Location 1386-1387 | Added on Monday, June 1, 2015 5:01:06 PM

Staré království je vskutku strašlivé místo, když ani smrt neznamená konec otroctví a zoufalství.





Never Never: Part Two (Never Never #2) (Colleen Hoover;Tarryn Fisher)
- Your Highlight on Location 1345-1345 | Added on Thursday, June 25, 2015 11:35:53 AM

If it were possible to hear a smile, hers would be a love song.






Clean Sweep (Andrews, Ilona)
- Your Highlight on Location 80-82 | Added on Monday, July 6, 2015 10:55:09 AM

He looked like he could pick up a fifty-pound rucksack, run across the city with it, and then beat an ungodly number of enemies to a bloody pulp with his bare hands while things exploded dramatically in the background.
==========
He was taking all this rather well. He probably thought I was crazy and had decided to stay calm in case I started putting tinfoil on my head.
==========
"No. As I said, the House's honor is involved. We will handle it alone." Anything I could say would be perceived as impugning his honor, and his House's honor, and his men's honor, and the honor of their parents and their parents' parents...
==========
"Myths tend to spiral out of control. Do you howl at the full moon and steal maidens to devour?" "Depends on the maiden," he said. Was he flirting with me? Devouring didn't really go with flirting, but his tone of voice did. Was this how werewolves flirted? Hey, baby, if I had to kill any girl and eat her flesh, it would be you...
==========
It was almost ten. The sun shone bright. If I had to make an excursion to the store, now would be the perfect time. If Hollywood's best special-effects artists caught a glimpse of the dahaka and his stalkers, they would suffer a collective apoplexy from sheer envy. There was no way for him to travel out in broad daylight. It was now or never.
==========
I could buy ten enormous jars of peanut butter and stuff it in the back of my car. My home was a battleground between a surly werewolf and an arrogant vampire, and a murderous alien was trying to kill us, but I would never run out of peanut butter again and I would get it for a steal, too.
==========
With shipping, it ends up being around two fifty per large jar. Of course, you have to know where to buy the real thing..." Sean stared at me. "What?" "Two hundred and fifty bucks?" "Well, it's honey, not white truffles. There is a price ceiling there."
==========
Even in a white T-shirt and jeans, Arland didn't fit into the kitchen. It was like walking into your room and finding a medieval knight with the face of a superstar casually sipping tea from your flowery porcelain cup.
==========
Sean smiled, a feral grin like a wolf panting. "Dina." He practically purred. "Are you okay?" He glanced at my broom, amused. "What are you doing here, all alone?" This was reminding me of Red Riding Hood. If he asked what was in my basket, he would regret it.
==========
But no, I've dipped my hand in your blessed water before and by itself, it does absolutely nothing." "Where did you get the holy water?" I asked. "My cousin brought it as a souvenir. I did it on a dare. Logically, of course, I knew it wouldn't melt my skin off, but one can never be certain." I pictured a bunch of teenage vampires standing around a basin. "You touch it." "No, you touch it..." Of course, he would put his hand into it.
==========
"What are you intentions toward Dina?" Arland asked on the screen. "My intentions are my business," Sean said. "Mhm," Arland said. "I have spent my spare time studying literature popular with young women of this planet. One should always study the battlefield." Sean glanced at him. "And?" "I suggest you give up now. According to my research, in a vampire-werewolf love triangle, the vampire always gets the girl." "Is that so?" Sean asked. "It is." "In that case, may the best man win." Arland considered it and grinned. "I can live with that."







Fate's Edge (Edge 3) (Andrews, Ilona)
- Your Highlight on Location 2698-2699 | Added on Tuesday, May 12, 2015 6:46:29 PM

He had the kind of face that would make him a good vacuum salesman or a successful serial killer: open, honest, confident, and pleasant. Old ladies would judge him to be a “nice boy” and open their doors to him, no problem.
==========
And she was so damn pretty. He rifled through adjectives: “sexy,” “hot,” “desirable,” none of them was right enough. Delectable. Delicious. No, she was a woman, not a pastry.
==========
Kaldar held up his hand. “Spare me. Some children are born wearing a silk shirt; you were born wrapped in melancholy. When they slapped you to make you cry, you just sighed heavily and a single tear rolled from your eye.”





Girl Online (Zoe Sugg)
- Your Highlight on Location 62-62 | Added on Friday, April 10, 2015 9:46:30 AM

I want to feel like someone, somewhere, will be able to read what I’ve got to say.
==========
I have this dream that secretly all teenage girls feel exactly like me. And maybe one day, when we all realize that we all feel the same, we can all stop pretending to be something we’re not.
==========
Mr. Beaconsfield is the Year Eleven drama teacher. He’s one of those teachers who likes being “down with the kids”—all gelled hair and “call me Jeff.” He’s also the reason our version of Romeo and Juliet is set in a Brooklyn ghetto and Juliet is leaning out of a trailer rather than a balcony.






Jake Undone (Ward, Penelope)
- Your Highlight on Location 3873-3874 | Added on Monday, April 13, 2015 9:30:57 PM
“Anyway, she’s miserable. She is depressing the shit out of me and that’s pretty hard to do to someone who already has cancer.”




Friend-Zoned (Belle Aurora)
- Your Highlight on Location 493-494 | Added on Tuesday, April 7, 2015 8:02:20 PM
So, over the course of the last year, I’ve seen Lola blossom from a delicate flower into a durable weed! That sounds bad, but trust me, it isn’t.
==========
Silvio was just about to put the tomato on the sub when I shrieked, “STOP!” The entire store turned to look at me. I shuffled up to the counter and whispered, “No tomato, please.”

Love Thy Neighbor (Friend-Zoned #2) (Belle Aurora)
- Your Highlight on Location 96-98 | Added on Wednesday, April 8, 2015 3:22:04 PM
I love sex, and I’m not afraid to have it as long as protection is used. I wouldn’t say I’m a slut. I’m just in touch with my inner slut. And, let me tell you, she rocks.





Angel's Blood (Nalini Singh; Justine Eyre)
- Your Highlight on Location 4986-4987 | Added on Monday, March 16, 2015 8:45:48 PM
Stress-touches, she thought stupidly, they were called stress-touches, the little things that lovers did to anchor each other, the things that were their secret language.




---------------------------------------
A to je na tento krát všetko. Snažila som sa to vytriediť takže sú tu dúfam len tie najlepšie. ktorý vás zaujal najviac?

Vitajte

v hlave jednej začínajúcej ale nie úplne (dúfam) amatérskej spisovateľky. Toto bol môj blog o varení a čítaní - teraz sa tu chcem venovať svojej ďalšej vášni a tou je písanie.

Príspevky sú taký môj neformálny denník, kde sa môžem vyventilovať, podeliť o to čo robím (a malo by ma to aj dokopať každý deň k písaniu sa aspoň vyjadriť alebo ešte lepšie písať).

Zavediem vás do svojho myšlienkového procesu ohľadne stavania knihy, scén, postáv... pochválim sa čo som za deň stihla, prípadne pridám aj nejaký tip, ktorý niekomu bude pripadať očividný a niekomu možno aj nie.

Asi nemusím písať, že toto sú moje názory a skúsenosti a nemám na nič patent a bla, bla, bla.

Dúfam, že si tu každý spisovateľ nájde aspoň kúsok niečoho - či už je to spoločné trápenie, zaujímavá myšlienka, otázka alebo možno dokonca moje skromné rady.

Ďakujem za návštevu.